Trade Compliance Manager
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Share this job
On behalf of our client near Esher, Surrey, Line Up Aviation are seeking applicants for a permanent Trade Compliance Manager opportunity.
With a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, the successful Trade Compliance Manager will design and implement policies and procedures to ensure this UK office is compliant with international trade regulations.
They will report hierarchically to the General Manager in the UK and functionally to the Global Head of Quality & Compliance based in Europe.
- To ensure compliance on all international trade matters within the business.
- To ensure that the customs warehouse and related shipping activities are managed efficiently.
- To ensure compliance with regards to customs warehouse procedures and AEO status.
- To host audits from local authorities such as HMRC and BIS.
- Liaise with freight agents to ensure compliance.
- Reviewing and developing company export/import compliance policies and procedures.
- Drafting timely export licenses, technical assistance agreements, technology control plans, and other forms of export licensing requests for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Support the other company functions in defining the proper means of compliance to adhere with the national regulation rules (including but not limited to EAR/ITAR Regulation, D.Leg. 185/90)
- To undertake, as directed, any other duties as may be commensurate with the overall efficient running of the Company.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Previous experience of implementation and operation of ‘customs warehouse’
- Previous experience of implementation and operation of an AEO status warehouse
- In-depth knowledge of EUR (End Use Relief) and IPR (Inward Processing Relief).
- Knowledge of import VAT and Duty and maintenance of records.
- In-depth knowledge of using correct classification codes for strategic control lists, commodity codes and CPC codes.
- In-depth knowledge of export control procedures, specifically the use of OGEL and OIEL and end user undertaking.
- Experience of liaising with freight agents to ensure adherence to compliance.
- EAR/ITAR regulations apply to this role.
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Planning scheduling and organization of work
- Ability to write procedures.
- Salary c. £50,000 dependent on experience
- Hybrid working available
- Free onsite parking and excellent public transport links
- Attractive benefits package
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
ERP Implementation Manager
Performance & Improvement Project Manager
Quality and Technical Administrator
Early Careers Manager
VIP Private Jet Charter Broker
Fixed Asset Accountant