Training Manager (Engineering)
£35 - £40 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, an exciting new role has been created for a Training Manager to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Training Manager, you will be working inside of the Zephyr team to enable the team to deliver its ambitious global business plans.
Your role will encompass all aspects of designing and delivering learning and development to meet our clients’ ambitious plans. Among other aspects this will involve identifying Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and ensuring development plans are delivered to meet business requirements.
Role: Training Manager (Engineering)
Pay: £40 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 12-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Work in partnership with the Head of HR to develop a training strategy that will ensure employees and contractors develop the knowledge and skills required to meet our growth plans.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to support the shaping and development of an L&D strategy that drives business improvements.
- Identify and select training providers to support the delivery of the training needs with a special focus on the technical requirements for our engineering and production teams.
- Support the performance management process by project managing all TNA identified and ensuring this is built into our strategy for continuous improvement.
- Work with all functions to develop training programmes across the organisation including within Engineering and Commercial functions.
- Maintain robust and detailed training records and skills competence.
- Deliver induction training to all new employees and team members.
- Support Line Managers in dealing with any skills shortfalls and retraining as required.
- Continuous improvement of the Zephyr training system with development paths available for all employees.
- Development of specific training paths to attract and develop where required apprentices, graduates, and seasoned professionals.
- Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action activities of the Zephyr program.
- Support the succession planning process for all employees and support upskilling of all employees.
- Occasional travel to other sites.
Skills and Experience
- Solid and demonstrable L&D experience designing and delivering training solutions.
- Previous experience leading and developing training plans within a production / engineering environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in a start-up organisation with significant growth aspirations. Ability to manage significant organisational change.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present where required.
- Excellent writing skills to design and develop learning materials and to report on progress.
- Project management experience to ensure timescales and KPI’s are met.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks.
- Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility.
- Able to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders (senior management, training institutes and training providers) to ensure project delivery is achieved.
- Excellent IT Skills relevant for the post with experience of using learning management systems.
- Experience within the Aerospace/Engineering sectors with knowledge of quality standards and training needs within a safety critical engineering environment.
- Experience of mapping training solutions to recognised compliance and industry standards.
- Hands-on experience delivering training.
Training and Education
- Degree level or Postgraduate qualification (CIPD or equivalent) with demonstrable understanding of best practice methodology in the L&D field
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Repair Management Executive
AOG Support Executive
System Engineering Manager Navaids
NAS Project Engineer
Principal Supportability Engineer