Wheel and Brake Technician (Entry Level)
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £12.82 per hour + plus holiday pay
Share this job
Our client is based just south east of Heathrow Airport and overhauls aircraft wheels and brakes. They are now seeking additional contractors to assist in the workshop.
This is an entry level role and would be ideal for candidates with limited engineering or aerospace experience who are keen to get their foot on the ladder to enter the aerospace engineering industry!
Full training will be provided to those who can prove their interest and enthusiasm for this work.
Estimated contract dates are from now through to Oct/Nov. time, with the possibility of extension.
Responsibilities will include:
- Disassembly of aircraft Wheels
- Removal of aircraft tyres
- Cleaning of aircraft wheels by operation of wheel wash equipment
- Cleaning of aircraft wheel small parts
- Paint stripping of aircraft wheels
- Inspection of aircraft wheel small parts
- Preassembly inspection and assembly of aircraft wheel hub
- Mounting of aircraft tyre
- Disassembly of aircraft brake housings
- Disassembly of aircraft brake heatstacks
- Cleaning of aircraft brake small parts
- Operation of steel shot blast machine
- Operations of aluminium oxide blast machine
- Pressure testing aircraft brake assemblies
- Understand the risk assessments associated with each task
- Work accurately and efficiently on individual assignments or as an active team member.
- Read and comply with Work Instructions, Component Maintenance Manuals (C.M.M.), Operating Procedures and Customer Spec. requirements.
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Degree or BTEC in Aerospace Engineering or similar is desirable but not essential
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and technical publications to perform duties
- General knowledge of a workshop environment.
- Fit to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Knowledge and experience with personal computer systems.
- Fluent in English
- Already holds the right to live and work in the UK prior to application
- 4 on, 4 off shift. 06:30-18:30.
- Pay Rate £12.82 per hour PAYE
- Drug Screening required prior to start
- 5 Years’ referencing will be carried out for successful candidates
- Proactive attitude and willingness to listen and learn will outweigh any previous wheels & brakes work experience.
- Onsite parking available.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer