Wing Build Support Engineer
£38.00 - £42.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Wing Build Support Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Wing Build Support Engineer your responsibilities will be to provide reactive and proactive engineering support to the CDTs to ensure the achievement of their business objectives. The team also looks to identify opportunities to optimise the design and industrial system in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering to promote a true MEET (Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Together) ethos.
Role: Wing Build Engineer
Pay: £38.00 – £42.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Broughton (3 days on site and 2 WFH)
Contract: 12 months – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (working 4.5 days between the hours of 7am – 7pm, hours agreed at business discretion)
The team’s function is to provide reactive and proactive engineering support to the CDTs to ensure the achievement of their business objectives. The team also looks to identify opportunities to optimise the design and industrial system in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering to promote a true MEET (Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Together) ethos.
Tangible Deliverables to Time, Cost and Quality:
- Act as the link between Engineering and Manufacturing, ensuring co-design solutions which are suitable for the industrial system whilst maintaining an engineering and most important customer perspective
- Support the design definition and communicate the industrial requirements into the wider engineering community.
- Provide proactive product improvement which supports modifications to reduce Recurring Costs, Non-Recurring Costs and Non-Conformances throughout the SA & WB value stream.
- Provide ‘lineside’ build support and act as the focal point for any Engineering topics within the Wing Plant CDTs including root cause analysis investigations into all abnormalities arising from design queries.
- Support initiatives to further enhance team efficiency and effectiveness through application of methods, tools, processes and/or other capability improvements (e.g. achievement of AOS goals, sustainability goals, etc).
- Maintain and further enhance working relationships with key stakeholders
- Be a role model exemplifying the Airbus Values
Skills and Experiences
- Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required, whilst being a strong team player.
- Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
- Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately
- Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly, on a timely basis, to all stakeholders as needed.
- Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
- Strong interest in developing own capabilities and those of the team to match the needs of an evolving Airbus ecosystem.
- Work in an open and trusting environment.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Engineering.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”