Wing Build Support Engineer
£38.00 - £44.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Wing Design Build Support Engineer to join on them on a 5 month contract. As a Wing Design Build Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing reactive and proactive engineering support to the CDTs to
ensure the achievement of their business objectives. The team also looks to identify
opportunities to optimise the design and industrial system in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering to promote a true MEET (Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Together)ethos.
Role: Wing Design Build Support Engineer
Pay: £38.00 – £44.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Broughton, Flintshire
Contract: 5 months until 31/12/2023 (Possible extension)
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday – Friday (As this role is to support wing build, it would be required to be onsite for 100% of the time in Broughton Plant. It would be required to be on a double day shift pattern (AM / PM alternate weeks).
WFH is available on an adhoc basis but expectation would be for it to be predominantly onsite.)
Security Clearance: BPSS
The Broughton Plant provides the Wings for around half of all aircraft deliveries across the world each year. The world flies on our Wings!
The Plant is a modern and exciting place to work and is located within the beautiful countryside and beaches of Cheshire and North Wales and close to the vibrant cities of Manchester, Liverpool and historic Chester.
About the Role
Within the Broughton Wing Plant Engineering Team (PET) we are looking to recruit Build Support Engineer supporting the Single Aisle (SA) and Widebody (WB) Component Delivery Teams
(CDTs). The successful applicant will be part of our fast moving teams who deliver high quality Build Support to meet the needs of the Plant.
Tangible Deliverables to Time, Cost and Quality:
- Act as the link between Engineering and Manufacturing, ensuring co-design solutions which are suitable for the industrial system whilst maintaining an engineering and most important customer perspective
- Support the design definition and communicate the industrial requirements into the wider engineering community.
- Provide ‘lineside’ build support and act as the focal point for any Engineering topics within the Wing Plant CDTs including root cause analysis investigations into all abnormalities arising from design queries.
- Provide proactive product improvement which supports modifications to reduce Recurring Costs, Non-Recurring Costs and Non-Conformances throughout the SA & WB value stream.
- Support initiatives to further enhance team efficiency and effectiveness through application of methods, tools, processes and/or other capability improvements (e.g. achievement of AOS goals, sustainability goals, etc).
- Maintain and further enhance working relationships with key stakeholders
- Be a role model exemplifying the Airbus Values
- Willingness to learn how to propose solutions and solve problems
- Knowledge and experience of metallic structures (composite knowledge desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of design toolsets.
- Opportunity to develop IT skills associated with engineering activities
- Wing Structure knowledge would be advantageous.
- Ability to autonomously analyse, propose and solve technical problems.
- Ensure delivery of own tasks whilst adhering to time, cost and quality parameters.
- Excellent communication skills and a drive to deliver customer value and quality.
- CATIA V5
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in Engineering
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”