Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £25000.00 per annum
Share this job
Are you interested in working in an Aviation Engineering Workshop environment?
My client is a 20 minute drive from Brighton. They overhaul aircraft wheels and brakes in a workshop environment (not airport based).
They are seeking a Workshop Mechanic to join their wheel and brake overhaul team on a permanent basis.
This role could suit someone who has worked in an automobile workshop, studied BTEC or NVQ Aerospace Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or can demonstrate their passion for hands-on engineering.
Main Workshop Mechanic responsibilities:
- You will be carrying out a variety of functions (sometimes physically demanding) to ensure production targets are met including:
- Disassembly of aircraft wheels.
- Initial test and disassemble of aircraft brakes
- Dismounting of aircraft tyres from wheels
- Technical cleaning of all wheel and brake components with the use of workshop machinery.
- Operation of the paint removal machines.
- Reassembly of wheels, mounting of aircraft tyres including torquing, inflation, and pressure testing.
- Reassembly of brake units, function testing and fault isolation.
- Reading and understanding of component maintenance manuals and following technical instructions.
Full training will be provided.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Have a mechanical background or can demonstrate a keen mechanical/engineering interest.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Ability to follow set procedures accurately.
- Basic hand tool knowledge.
- Enjoy a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Fluent oral and written English.
- GSCE pass in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Already holds the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application.
- Salary: £25,000
- Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking – own transport essential due to location.
- The company is focused on creating a workplace environment where workshop employees are cross trained. This means you will be trained and working in multiple areas, allowing variation in your working week. Creating opportunities for collaboration and engagement with different departments. The aim is that this will create job enrichment, personal development, and salary progression.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer