Aircraft MRO – Product Line Manager – Engines
Share this job
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The client supports aircraft owners, operators and MROs with MRO solutions services for global aircraft operators and engineering providers within the aviation and aerospace sectors. They provide engineering and supply chain programs based on aircraft fleets engineering data, to global commercial airlines, aircraft owners and operators. They are an industry leading aerospace specialist, having been in the game for nearly 30 years.
Providing the product knowledge & expertise to produce sales for the product line, including recommendations on purchases and repairs; Making sure there is smooth order processing, keeping the Outside Sales Group informed; and keeping up and providing a level of customer service and communication that exceeds customer’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engine whole asset and/or individual part purchase opportunities.
- Monitor no-quote (NQ) reports for inventory deficiencies so that it can be corrected.
- Update material interchangeability in ERP system.
- Monitor reports on inventory so that sales and margin objectives are met.
- Maintain market pricing on material in ERP system.
- Review material in inventory and route for repair-overhaul.
- Review material in stock to determine if upgradable per OEM manuals to meet current demand.
- Detailed knowledge of engine manuals & service bulletins.
- Monitor material that is out for repair through the repair personnel to make sure of timely and cost effective return.
- Promote inventory within the product line to sales staff.
- Maintain engine purchase models with latest pricing and repair costs.
- Support sales with technical information as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of market place trends and what the competition is doing.
- Attend industry trade shows-events periodically.
- Ensures decisions made on disposition of nonconforming product adhere to quality procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent; or 2-4 years sales, purchasing, product technical, and/or aviation related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KEYSKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergrad or equivalent degree.
- 5-7 years sales, purchasing & product technical within aviation.
- Inventory system management, working with inventories, experience working with inventories.
- Commercial engine experience, engine inventories.
- Experience pricing inventory, selling, and buying.
- Reviewing inventory material in line with stock demands.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Detailed knowledge of engine manuals and service bulletins.
- Ability to provide technical support for the sales teams.
- Continuation of reviewing purchasing and repair costs of engine assets.
- Analysis background is a huge plus.