Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
Share this job
Our client has a unique opportunity for an Airside Safety and Assurance Manager to join them on a permanent basis. You will lead the Aerodrome Safety Management System, with responsibility for fulfilling the independent role of the Safety Office. As well as the Safety Office, the role provides oversight and assurance against Aerodrome Safety, Apron Safety, Aerodrome Certification and Health & Safety legislation.
Role: Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
Location: South of England
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Responsible for the Aerodrome Safety Management System (A-SMS) including liaising with regulatory bodies where required.
- Provides assurance to the Accountable Manager (COO), Operations Director and Head of Airside Operations that the A-SMS is meeting the objectives of the Aerodrome Manual.
- Ensures that effective Compliance Monitoring takes place against the Aerodrome Certifications requirements, HAL Standards, ALOPS and other airside activities, such as, but not limited to, Airside Driving & Ground Handling.
- Sets safety KPI Targets (leading, lagging and pre-cursor event indicators) to identify trends, risks and hazards to the operation.
- Responsible for ensuring all management information arising from incident reports and near miss data meets regulatory requirements, including ownership of the reporting system.
- Leads airside safety investigation, promoting a ‘just culture’ approach to safety investigation, working with other internal departments and key external stakeholders to develop a safety culture which encourages reporting without fear of retribution, whilst recognising the complexities of the operation.
- Develops department reporting to support data led analysis and improvement activity.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of aerodrome regulation (both UK & EASA) airside operations, management, technical standards, and regulatory requirements including Safety Management Systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Safety Investigation processes and practice
- Experience of working with and influencing national and international regulators and industry working groups.
- Strong evidence of managerial or leadership skills and to be able to work in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Good Understanding of Airline & Ground Handling.
- High level of inter-personal skills, enabling effective relationship building, tactful but assertive and persistent, ensuring clear training material is provided.
- Hold a valid apron and manoeuvring area airside driver licence (training will be provided for successful applicants)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV or apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)