AIT Lead Engineer
£30.02 - £34.02 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an AIT Lead Engineer to join them on an initial 12-month contract. As the AIT Lead Engineer, you will promote and drive AIT standards ensuring engineering concepts are delivered to the shop floor in a controlled manner. Ensure quality and process robustness through promotion of best practise within team and between disciplines.
Role: AIT Lead Engineer
Pay: £34.02 per hour Umbrella
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week, 12 Months
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: SC Cleared Preferred
- Responsible for the Mechanical Satellite element and lead the mechanical team on an ENS project through Phases ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C/D’ and ‘E’
- Leading a team of AIT engineers on the specific project
- Planning the mechanical team’s activities on a weekly basis (including operations team) and implementing this plan.
- Supporting the use of 3Dx Delmia on the specific project
- Produce specs from test requirements, write test plans, DDV, plans, AIT plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Control of all project MGSE, flight & support equipment
- Produce MGSE requirement specs from test requirements, operating and maintaining MGSE.
- Alignment – producing test procedures and operating and maintaining optical alignment equipment.
- Designing test equipment, overseeing its manufacture, and commissioning
- Mechanical handling or spacecraft, instruments, payloads, solar arrays, antennas etc
- Prepare and carry out environmental tests (Vibration, Acoustic, Mass properties, Thermal) at unit, subsystem, instrument, and spacecraft level.
- Install and validate test instrumentation.
- Support propulsion testing
- Handling and installation of thermal hardware
- Mechanical integration and testing of electronic units, subsystems and instruments, mechanisms, antennas, solar arrays, mechanical sub-systems, instruments, payloads and spacecraft and control the documentation associated with performing these tasks.
- Relevant engineering experience.
- Appreciation of satellite integration processes and project phases
- Use of SAP or other ERP System
- Understanding of build documentation and the need for it
- Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements
- Managing a team during day-to-day activities ensuring work is completed on time and the correct standard
- Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Face-to-face dealings with customers and suppliers
- Worked in volatile, high pressure environments to resolve technical and personnel conflicts
- Spacecraft Mechanical testing on prime projects is essential
- Leading other team members
- Production of MGSE specs and operation of MGSE and flight HW
- Production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Stores and Inspection Technician
Principle Building Control Inspector
Engine MRO Customer Programs Manager
Goods Inwards Inspector
Material Inventory Controller
Building Construction Project Leader
System Modelling Engineer