Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Algorithm Specialist for an initial 12-month contract. You’ll join the Guidance, Control & Navigation (GCN) team responsible for developing Missile and Weapon Systems algorithms across a wide range of defence products. As part of this team, you will support studies managing the complex performance trades between software and hardware and support algorithm proving activities.
Role: Algorithm Specialist
Pay: Up to £65 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: SC Required before start
- You will be responsible for the development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key programme within the company.
- Responsibilities can include concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation
- You will be autonomous and will be able to act as a point of contact for GCN’s interactions with the other project teams e.g. Simulation and Modelling, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems along with preparing and developing solutions either individually or as a member of a project team
- You will engage with the algorithm users, understand and respond to their needs
- Experience of algorithm development in a relevant area (such as guidance, control, data fusion, optimisation, navigation)
- Experience of Mathematical Modelling would be beneficial (such as flight dynamics, aerodynamics, sensors, actuation systems)
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, Python
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Senior Electronics Engineer (Calibration and Maintenance)
Industrial Asset Manager
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing