Share this job
In partnership with our client, the first full-service airline to be launched in over 17 years, we are pleased to invite applications for the position of Ancillary Specialist.
This position will be based in Riyadh, offering a unique and exciting opportunity to influence what will become the new standard of international air travel.
The role will see the successful candidate will establish and develop improved merchandising capability across our digital platforms and airline products. The Ancillary Specialist will focus on a portfolio of ancillary revenue products and in turn position the new airline for profitable revenue and market share growth.
The role includes but is not limited to, working across products including in-flight entertainment, car hire and credit card, where the Ancillary Specialist ensures the products provide the right level of choice for customers and makes their trip with the airline a valued experience.
The Ancillary Specialist’s main focus will be on the customers’ travel journey by data analytics and working with the broader business to be able to innovate and improve our product offering, tailoring to different customer segment needs.
- Optimise digital conversion rates by understanding shopping behaviours and influencing booking workflows
- Design and implement tactical initiatives to increase ancillary revenue in collaboration with Revenue Management and other departments
- Increase attachment rates across ancillary product portfolio
- Input into future merchandising strategy and development priorities
- Review product types and competitor markets to help formulate optimal digital selling proposition
- Influence and collaborate on future ancillary strategy as it applies to placement and promotion in digital platforms
- Act upon customer feedback and contribute to improved customer experience and increase likelihood to recommend metrics across digital touchpoints and specific product areas
- Support and co-ordinate a range of external partners to provide content and capability that power VA’s ancillary products (e.g., hotel, car, insurance, technology partners)
- Support contract negotiation and performance management
- Actively seek opportunities to innovate with partners to improve guest NPS, reduce cost and create growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Finance or in any relevant field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an Ancillary Specialist, eCommerce in aviation or any relevant field.
- Data management and analysis
- Project Management
- Understanding of digital purchasing behaviour
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism and work ethics
- Adaptability and desire to work in an evolving/start-up environment where policies and processes are being created
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent command of English spoken and written, and Arabic would be an advantage.
- This is a full-time, permanent position and you must acknowledge the requirement to relocate should you be successful in the recruitment process.
- You must be willing to sign a non-disclosure undertaking before we can discuss the role in any greater detail.
- You apply in the understanding that you will be required to provide 2 professional references and a criminal record check should you be successful in the first stage of the recruitment process.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Hannah Courtney at Line Up Aviation.
Apply for this role
UK Employee Communications Manager
Technical Project Manager
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Health & Safety Officer
Supply Team Administrator
Aviation Industry Lawyer – Competition Law
IT Senior Buyer
Cyber Security System Engineer