Business Operations and Performance Support
£35 - £39 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Business Operations and Performance Support to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Business Operations and Performance Support, your core purpose is to assure certain key aspects of business data, and to accurately execute a range of critical business function which underpin the Domain’s ability to deliver on its commitments.
Role: Business Operations and Performance Support
Pay: Up to £39 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 12-month contract
Location: Filton – mainly onsite
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS clearance
- Providing operational status updates for scheduled monthly reporting and ad hoc requests, occasionally presenting the team status in operational reviews, as necessary.
- Ensuring the team’s financial planning, i.e. annual budget requests, financial risk and opportunity identification, change topics, etc., are managed in a timely manner and with full transparency and traceability as part of the rolling Domain/Finance function’s schedule.
- Assuring the quality of detail planning to align with the Statement of Work – particularly in terms of establishing and recording assumptions, use of formal Domain planning inputs (appropriate hourly rates, effectivities, offload policy, etc), milestone scheduling and the clarity of and logic behind resource requirements.
- Assuring the team’s R&O identification and action planning is carried out robustly and regularly.
- Ensuring actions identified in Domain-level reviews are progressed and closed in line with defined deadlines.
- Ensuring offload provision is timely and aligned with the agreed offload plan, and support the launch of supplier tasking documents, all in line with Airbus policy & processes and Domain guidelines.
- Monitoring of a series of key performance indicators, including the Engineering Golden Rules handbook, assuring commitments are delivered and highlighting issues at the earliest opportunity for root cause identification and resolution
Skills and Experience
- A Business Management or project management qualification to A-level standard as a minimum (or equivalent)
- Programme management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience of operational management within a large/complex organisation
- A persuasive and effective team player who will hold others to account for delivery, and live up to the same expectations themselves
- Competent at delivering oral and written communications at team and middle management level
- Logical and analytical approach, able to visualize the end-to-end process
- Able to analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Familiarity of both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Have a good understanding of the Engineering and Airbus UK environment
- Ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternative approaches
- Contribute fully to continuous improvement and change management
- Autonomous and open minded with a proactive approach towards work and problem resolution
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Control Systems Engineer
Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
Technical Records Administrator
Site Security Manager
Manufacturing Project Engineer
Electrical Engineer ( Night Shift)
Industrial Asset Manager
Project Manager- Secure Communications