Share this job
A great opportunity has arisen with my client for a Buyer/Planner on a permanent basis. The opportunity is suitable for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Buyer seeking a role in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
Salary: Upon Application
- Manage Inventory adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Determining material requirements and generating the relevant purchase orders Management & Optimisation of inventory.
- Review historical data, ensuring the adequate supply of all material to support production.
- Be responsible for reviewing & analysing material usage data, identifying materials for Kanban programme. Developing recommendations which support supply chain planning, procurement and operations.
- Provide back-up cover for the key Material functions, Aircraft Buyer, Commercial Buyer and other roles as required.
- Develop and foster a good working relationship with all key stakeholder departments, i.e. Materials, Commercial / Customer Service, Production & Finance.
- Accurate & timely placement of orders for materials ensuring pricing, certification, shipping instructions & lead time information is correct.
- Utilization of all available supplier online sourcing & ordering tools i.e. Inventory Locator System (ILS) & Supplier Portals.
- Working with freight & logistics partners to ensure accurate delivery of orders and resolving any logistical issues that arise within the supply chain.
- Looking to constantly innovate & introduce new material options for Production while not compromising on quality Management & auditing of our supplier base to ensure all approvals are current and the ERP system is accurately maintained, whilst ensuring best price, lead time, quality & service. Weekly monitoring of MRP and processing of MRP PRs for material replenishment.
- Working closely with Materials Co-Ordinator/Shipping to ensure all core exchange parts are returned to vendors within agreed time frame and ensure no late return fees are incurred.
- Assisting the Finance Department in resolving any supplier related financial queries.
- Knowledge & understanding of customer contracts, ensuring adherence to part sign off limits, part pool / PBH agreements, fixed priced, T & M work and the use of PMA material.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ relevant experience in a purchasing/planning and supply chain role within the aviation industry is desirable.
- Qualification in IIPMM / APICS Purchasing, Logistics and/or Supply Chain is desirable with previous experience as a Buyer/Planner an advantage.
- Strong IT Skills with experience working with modern ERP Systems.
- Have a consistent high level of commercial awareness and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates and is passionate about delivering solutions for both our production and our customers.
- Customer and Production focused at all times.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation –
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Stores and Inspection Technician
Principle Building Control Inspector
Engine MRO Customer Programs Manager
Goods Inwards Inspector
Material Inventory Controller
Building Construction Project Leader
System Modelling Engineer