Share this job
My client is looking for a Commercial Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis. As the Commercial Supervisor you will be responsible for quoting and overseeing ad-hoc Charter enquiries, airfreight enquiries and flight management.
The role will deal directly with the Company’s key clients and liaise closely with the Company’s in house Operations department.
Role: Commercial Supervisor
Contract: Permanent, Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
Location: West Sussex
- The efficient administration of the Commercial Department in all aspects including the organisation, efficiency, welfare, and performance of Commercial team members.
- The coordination and scheduling of departmental resources to ensure optimum deployment and efficient use of all resources, including but not limited to personnel.
- Providing training where appropriate to meet current and future business requirements of the department.
- Assistance in the development and implementation/adherence of Commercial procedures and processes.
- Effective monitoring and motivation of team members through coaching and communication, goal setting and performance management.
- Production and reporting of key operational statistics and performance indicators for senior management purposes where requested.
- Direct client liaison where required to both internal and external clients/stakeholders representing the company in the appropriate manner.
- Quoting for ad-hoc charter flights
- Liaising closely with key clients.
- Flight Management.
- Close coordination with Operations, Handling Agents and group overseas offices.
- Processing flight paperwork and administration related to bookings
Required skills, Experience and Competencies:
- A proven background in a Logistics/Customer service environment to deliver exceptional service levels.
- A passion for both aviation and service delivery with knowledge of working in a highly regulated industry. Demonstrable knowledge of air freight terminology and documentation
- A strong understanding of the commercial principles underpinning the core business requirement and a demonstrated ability to exercise commercial judgment in line with operational objectives.
- Good IT knowledge of all Microsoft office systems
- Proven ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate a team/colleague.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience of interaction at all levels including clients, senior management and board level.
- A highly analytical eye for detail with tenacity and proactivity.
- A flexible approach to working hours – the role may require out of hours work.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Manufacturing Engineer – Assembly & Integration (Stevenage)
Test Equipment Manager
AW Simulator Instructor
Legal Regulation Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer (Calibration and Maintenance)