Share this job
I am looking for a Configuration Manager to join my fantastic client on a permanent basis. As the Configuration Manager, will be responsible for reviewing, developing and delivering configuration management processes and procedures along with ensuring up to date documentation control contributing to the overall success of our business programmes.
Role: Configuration Manager
- Own Configuration Management (CM) function across the business ensuring quality and integrity of all related data.
- Manage and administrate SolidWorks PDM database – update required access, workflows, and all PDM functionalities as needed, to adapt to business requirements.
- Manage and administrate documentation control software and ensure alignment with business needs.
- Own the change and configuration process, providing training and expertise across the business as needed.
- Ensure configuration and change management processes are followed and ensure consistent and comprehensive CM is maintained through all projects and business functions.
- Maintain configuration of MRP system and ensure accurate traceability records are filed.
- Ensure accurate and timely configuration and identification of hardware at all levels.
- Manage the day to day activities of CM process including filing, releasing, and controlling documents, CAD data, drawings and hardware.
- Build and develop strong working relationships, working collaboratively with many key stakeholders.
- Train new starter on CM process.
- Grow CM knowledge and expertise throughout OSS.
- Significant Configuration Management experience within the Space, Aerospace, or another highly regulated Engineering Manufacturing industry. Past performance of leading Configuration Management activities on engineering programmes.
- Ability to problem solve, define best practice, and build Configuration Management effectiveness to successfully control product data across multiple projects, through development and production phases.
- Appreciation of product lifecycle management processes and tools to provide efficient and controlled
- documentation and change management of product data.
- Collaborative approach with experience in the sharing and delivery of knowledge, information, and best practice.
- Ability to administrate complex IT systems and software
- Self-motivated to meet objectives within defined timescales.
- Excellent organisational & prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrate a common sense/pragmatic and logical approach to problem-solving – ability to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task.
- Ability to train and promote new processes to the wider OSS team.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)