£44.00 - £52.95 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Design Approver on an initial 15-month contract. As the Design Approver you will be responsible for leading design investigations and formulating technical solutions for a range of tasks, including Modifications to the Type Design, Design / Works Query Notes ‘Flow Modifications’ and none specific tasks ensuring that all Design, Airworthiness and safety requirements are met, where appropriate liaising with other functions to ensure a fully integrated design solution.
Role: Design Approver
Pay: Up to £52.95 per hour via Umbrella
Location: Broughton or Filton
Contract: Monday- Friday, 35 hours per week, 15 months contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Lead, guide and approve design solutions for a range of tasks, including (but not restricted to) Major/Minor Design Modifications, Design Query Notes (work’s query notes).
- Provide technical leadership and continued mentoring to the engineering team, assisting the development of team members, assisting in the identification of skill gaps and driving plans to close the gaps.
- Ensuring that design standards and requirements are met, liaising with other functions and projects to ensure the design solutions are fully integrated.
- Operate as a design approval signatory.
- Support in area of knowledge the on-going continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other capability improvements.
- Support and build strong relationships between wider stakeholders including (but not limited to) CVE, Chief Engineer, Configuration Management and Local Programmes Team to enable a satisfactory design solution, and implementation on the aircraft that supports airworthiness type cert and configuration management.
- Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required, whilst being a strong team player.
- Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
- Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately
- Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly, on a timely basis, to all stakeholders as needed.
- Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
- Work in an open and trusting environment.
- Understand, nurture and demonstrate resilience.
- Industry recognised design signatory delegation (Design Approval)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Goods Inwards Inspector
Principle Building Control Inspector
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer