Electrical Cable Design Engineer
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Maintenance and Engineering
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for an Electrical Cable Design Engineer to join them on a 6-month contract. As the Cable / Harness Design Engineer you will work within our Interconnects team designing bespoke electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems of the clients products.
Role: Electrical Cable Design Engineer
Pay: £45.00 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Location: Stevenage/ Bolton
Contract: 6 Months – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required.
- To do this you will need to interpret sub-system requirements and, from these, generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD.
- You will need to be able to carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems and issues; developing and preparing solutions, either individually or as a member of a project team.
- The role also includes support to manufacturing in order to resolve any manufacturing issues, as well as supporting functional and environmental product trials.
- To design bespoke Electrical Interconnects suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission within and between subsystems in our products in accordance with Technical Lead and project requirements.
- Working across multiple projects to deliver ECAD solutions for SI, SE and manufacturing drawings within the given timescales.
- Supporting the generation of support data such as bundle calculations, voltage drop, pin allocation and manufacturing good practice.
- Experience in cable/harness design, using relevant CAD packages such as HarnWare. (Individuals will require their own a Harnware licence)
- The ability to define cable assembly construction based upon electrical constraints such as current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements.
- An appreciation of cable assembly production/process engineering.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical and electronic design engineers to deliver robust cable assembly design solutions.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Skilled Aircraft Electrician
Production Planning Assistant
Avionics/Electrician Technician – Rotary
Simulator Equipment Maintenance Technician
Wheel and Brake Technician (Entry Level)
Helicopter Engine & Propeller Maintenance Technician
Systems Performance Engineer