£31 - £35.03 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an Industrial Leader to join an initial contract until the end of 2022. As the Industrial Leader you will be responsible for supporting the transfer of work of A321 wing manufacture from Broughton into China. You will be working with the suppliers in China and Korea together with the UK design engineering, tooling, and operations teams.
Role: Industrial Leader
Pay: £35.03 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours a week
Contract: End of 2022
Location: Broughton – Hybrid
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Basic Clearance
- The jobholder is a member of the ME OMISWO team, responsible to provide manufacturing expertise to support plants and Suppliers in the context of ME Capability.
- The jobholder is the main interface ME OMISWO team between the Plant and the Suppliers regarding OMISWO activities on Series Programmes.
- The job holder is responsible to ensure robust communication to and from the Procurement MFT, in person or via the ME MFT representative and all other customers/ stakeholders.
- The job holder will ideally be multi skilled in detail part and assembly manufacture or assembly and installation processes relating to metallic or composite products and associated tooling experience.
- Transfer of Work – support the supplier selection and subsequent industrialization, via due business process.
- Plant Disruption – lead or support technical abnormalities that are causing disruption in plant or continued supply to contain and correct that issue.
- Design / Manufacturing changes – proactive engagement in the Continuous Product Development processes, applying ME expertise in concurrent engineering and industrialization aspects
- Cost Down – Individually or as part of an MFT proactively understand and influence cost drivers of a particular product or work package – such that opportunities for cost down can be qualified and quantified.
- Engage with ME MFT representative and others, such that all commercial and contractual implications are properly considered within the Procurement environment.
- Ensure integration, architecture, and engagement of the wider business network within DLS or other areas – to proactively manage risks and opportunities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Continuous Support – Provide continuous support to the supplier, proactively managing all issues within the scope of OMISWO and associated missions. Drawing Sign Off, Query Note validation, Tooling Asset Management.
- Seek continuous improvement to suppliers ME capability be that product or process, standardizing and harmonizing across the business, whilst clearly demonstrating bottom line / value adding orientation.
- Maintain associated technical documentation and seek to assure supplier compliance to requirements e.g., grams or serial equivalent
- Project management experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Principal Product Assurance Engineer – Manufacturing
Antenna Design Engineer
Project Manager – MAIT Environment & Sustainability Lead
Senior Engineer – Electronic Components
Equipment Test Architect
Power Systems Engineer