Lead Structures Designer
£38 - £48 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking several Lead Structures Designers to join on an initial contract until the end of 2022. As the Lead Structures Designer, you will be responsible for enabling, supporting, and delivering to our clients’ current programmes on Time, Cost and Quality. You will be working on Component design, Structure architecture, Systems and Equipment Integration, Movable Integration and Aircraft and Industrial Performance.
Role: Lead Structures Designer
Pay: Up to £48 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: End of 2022
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS clearance
- Responsible for the delivery of Design engineering tasks and projects to quality, working with both the Technical and Project leaders to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Technical steering of internal designer, sub-contract, suppliers, and partners.
- Lead Design investigations where required to enable DFM milestones to be met to time, cost & quality.
- Integration of the solutions within the Wing as well as other systems and structures of the Aircraft.
- Exploring the best of existing capabilities from around the business and outside of the company to maximize re-use of knowledge and to inspire new ways of doing things.
- Technical risk identification and mitigation support.
- Innovation in design and solution of technical challenges.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team (ME, Systems Installation, Procurement, Quality, Programme etc) to deliver an optimised solution for the business/customer.
- Adherence to our Clients Processes & Procedures with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Experience of the detailed development of metallic or composite structures.
- Worked closely with manufacturing to translate your designs into products and understand the key manufacturing processes, their limitations and the impact design decisions have on the product cost.
- A high level of proficiency with Catia V5 or V6. Airbus Methods training is beneficial but not essential.
- A delegation of Design Check and/or Design Approve or are on a path to delegation.
- Knowledge of product structures, 2D/3D definition dossiers and configuration management.
- Keen to learn about broader technical and non-technical aspects of product development and delivery.
- Able to influence and collaborate to deliver the optimal solutions, either as part of a team or autonomously.
- Able to take ownership of your activities and support your team members by making commitments that you work hard to uphold.
- Able to adapt your message to different audiences and people with different perspectives, with a willingness to take on feedback and to change course when required.
- Curious and innovative with a willingness to challenge the norm and learn/continuously improve.
- Honest, transparent, and supportive of their colleagues.
- Ideally knowledgeable of Wing Structures, but not a pre-requisite.
- Willing to travel occasionally, depending upon business needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Specialist Electrical Technician
Repair Stress Engineer
Stores and Logistics Officer
Production Test Engineer
Logistics Import Executive
Jigs & Tooling Project Manager
Production Test Engineer