Logistics Export Executive
Hassocks, West Sussex
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Logistics Export Executive
Hassocks, West Sussex
37.5 hours per week
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30
Our client is a leading aviation service provider specialising in bespoke aircraft components and Support Solutions. Our client works closely with Maintenance and Repair Organisations worldwide and in recent years has grown to become one of the largest stockists of aircraft components in the world.
Due to ongoing expansion and a high volume of business, our client are looking to appoint a Logistics Exports Executive to join the existing Logistics Team.
Working as part of the logistics team, you will ensure that all export shipments are handled in accordance with company procedures and meet all operational requirements. You will also provide a high quality of service to external customers and internal departments to support the logistics function.
- Recognise and react to the urgency of customer orders including AOG, IOR, and routine shipments. Where applicable allocate and monitor distributed shipments and assist when required with the organisation and prioritisation of the day-to-day workload requirements
- To process all shipment variations to global customers, facilities, and suppliers
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with customers and suppliers
- Answer and make telephone calls with a confident and polite manner
- Negotiate cost effective shipment methods when required, utilising the company’s Logistics network
- Recognise and organise hazardous, heavyweight, and oversized shipments in accordance with shipping constraints/ gain best price quotes for hazardous and heavyweight shipments
- Adhere to all import and export procedures, regulations, and controls with a working knowledge of Export Control Legislation to include (not limited to) Export controlled goods, Export compliance screening & forms, HS Tariff/commodity codes (Investigate and identify)
- Obtain, audit, process Export entry data recognising and logging errors accurately
- Ensure accurate paperwork completion as per customers and country specific requirements
- Resolve all manner of export shipping queries with commitment that the best solution was adopted and delivered
- Guarantee all turnaround times are achieved /high quality service levels are delivered
- Assist with knowledge sharing and development of all peers within the company where applicable.
- Process and update company IT systems with all required information
- Run multiple reports, analyse, and collate reporting information
- Liaise and coordinate with internal departments as and when required
- Assist the Logistics Department/Leadership with all other tasks/administration as requested
- Investigate approve and resolve queries for freight accounting invoices
Required Skills and Experience:
- All levels of experience considered
- Knowledge of Export and Import procedures, controls, regulations and compliance preferred.
- Passion to develop in depth knowledge and skills within Logistics
- Proactive, self-motivated, and driven to succeed in a busy environment
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Analytical thinker with experience of producing and evaluating reports
- Self-motivated, flexible, Initiative, and adaptable to work in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbal and written
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers, suppliers, and internal departments
- Professional and confident telephone skills
- Strong organisation, time management and excellent administration skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with some experience with Quantum and web-based Aircraft parts databases highly advantageous
“Privately owned, dynamic & innovative”, our client is a world leading independent aviation company where you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to their success.
The company’s global HQ is set amongst the rolling hills of the South Downs, a perfect environment to work.
Lunch breaks – You can take a walk around the 1km trim trail which circles the fantastic offices. If games are more your thing, there are board games available for staff to use, as well as an Xbox and computer break out room. If you forget your lunch, you can pick up lunch from the food and coffee vans that visit he premises regularly.
Extras – Free parking & electric car charging available, BUPA healthcare, social events, free fruit, cycle to work scheme and more…
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to Anthony Cockburn at Line Up Aviation.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Software Test Engineer
Mechanical Manufacturing Technician
Helicopter Diagnostic Engineer – HUMS
Systems Performance Engineer
Skilled Electrical Wireman C&M
Production Test Engineer
Principal Thermal Engineer