£30 - £35 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer on a contract basis in Portsmouth to help design, setup and develop production lines / processes utilising lean principles to optimise cell productivity.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Hours: Mon-Fri. 37 hours per week
Hourly rate: £30-£35 per hour PAYE only
- Review existing production Cells and implement changes to improve manpower utilisation.
- Provide support to the manufacturing Cells and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide solutions / improvements to address HSE issues.
- Provide technical / process support to Engineering Technicians.
- To ensure that all new or modified processes, equipment and materials are introduced and used in accordance with UK Health and Safety regulations and Company Procedures.
- To ensure process, equipment and ergonomic risk assessments are completed where necessary.
- To assist the Technician team in determining the correct TPM activities and schedules.
- Procure new or enhance existing equipment, through either in house modifications or third party.
- Occasional supplier visits.
Ideal candidate profile:
- 3 years+ experience in Manufacturing Engineering related support or suitable discipline.
- HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline, preferably in Mechanical and Production Engineering, or recognised time served apprenticeship.
- Six Sigma Green Belt qualification (or practical application) is desirable.
- Proven Experience in managing projects is essential.
- Previous experience of managing reporting staff is desirable.
- Can do attitude
- Team player
- Proactive in HSE
- Fluency in English language (written & verbal) is essential
- A drug screening is required on all successful candidates prior to starting the contract
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)