Manufacturing Process Engineer
£33.03 - £35.03 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer on a 7-month contract. As the Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be primarily focusing on Manufacturing Engineering Work Preparation to industrialise new product Line Management drawings for Single Aisle aircraft. You should be competent in the modification of aircraft supporting both mechanical and electrical systems.
Role: Manufacturing Process Engineer
Pay: £35.03 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week, 7-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Translate design intent into the compilation and control of technical instructions and Manufacturing Engineering data for use in aircraft detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification, utilising current business tools.
- Implement best practice methods, tools and processes from first principles to meet current and future business requirements.
- Deliver detailed work preparation definition (routings, BOM’s, SOI’s, STV calculations) for aircraft production.
- Ensure that all work and documentation meets departmental procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Project manage detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification methods, tools and process improvements, including implementation strategies in accordance with business requirements.
- Evaluate capacity of the manufacturing process, enhance as required and recommend changes to the product design standard.
- Provide electrical/mechanical shopfloor support to operations, supply chain and Final Assembly Lines
- Knowledge of Lean principles.
- Application and knowledge of SAP systems (APD, PEA, PAC)
- Ability to operate from first principles in manufacturing disciplines and activities requiring technical skills and knowledge to make daily business decisions.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Design and other Business Information Systems.
- Experienced knowledge of aircraft production, and engineering methods and procedures.
- Understanding of relationships and interactions with other Manufacturing Engineering and Business functions.
- Experience with Google or Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel and/or Google Docs, Google sheets.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills, and self-motivation are desirable.
- Knowledge and Experience of Manufacturing Process within a Structures and Systems Production Area.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Stores and Inspection Technician
Principle Building Control Inspector
Engine MRO Customer Programs Manager
Goods Inwards Inspector
Material Inventory Controller
Building Construction Project Leader
System Modelling Engineer