£25100 - £30100 per annum
Share this job
I am seeking a Material Planner to join my renowned aviation industry client based just north of Heathrow Airport, West London.
The Material Planner will ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule.
They will assist the logistics and purchasing team to develop supply solutions to best meet production needs.
Role: Material Planner
Location: Hayes, Middlesex
Shift: Mon-Fri. or Tues-Sat. One week early shift, one week late shift. 37.5hrs/week.
Salary: £25,100 – £30,100 (plus shift allowance) depending on experience
Main Material Planner responsibilities:
- Maintain the schedule for the supply of ‘externally provided ‘ materials to meet production requirements.
- Day to day materials management. This includes ‘sourcing’ internally from stock or informing the purchasing team of requirements.
- Manage the picking from stores.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions and ensure that stock processes meet production plan requirements.
- Understand, highlight and assess areas of materials risk, to minimise impact on production schedule and the delivery of the plan.
- Keep all planning systems (MRP/ERP) or IT system accurately updated & resolve any issues as required.
- Monitor the integrity of bill of materials (BOM) and provide feedback to stores on inventory accuracy.
- Continually plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material issue to ‘production point of use’.
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
- Manage internal manufacturing requirements.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Experience in Material planning
- Knowledge of BoM, Route and fundamental production planning concepts (forward and backward scheduling / MRP)
- Proven use of advanced interaction with ERP system
- Competent in MS Office
- Excellent planning, problem solving organization and administration skills
- Decision maker, analysing for root causes rather than presenting the problem
- Applicants must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application. Unfortunately, sponsorships cannot be provided now or in the future.
- A Degree, apprenticeship or equivalent in a relevant subject is desirable
- Experience within the aviation industry
- SAP Knowledge
- Understanding of LEAN / JIT / Process improvement techniques, ideally with some practical implementation experience.
- Free onsite parking
- Attractive benefits package including discounted flights and employee healthcare plan
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Systems Design Engineer
Material Inventory Controller
Operations Manager – Warehouse
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Magasinier aèronautique – NTE Airport