£25.43 - £29.43 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Specialist Mechanical Technician on an initial 12 – month contract. As the Specialist Mechanical Technician, you will work within a project team to assemble and test satellites. Ideally you will be a Mechanical technician with electrical experince also.
Role: Specialist Mechanical Technician
Pay: £29.43 per hour via Umbrella + Shift uplift
Contract: Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract – rotating shifts of 06.00 to 14.00 & 14.00 to 22.00
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS, SC clearable
- Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
- Work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix. To mentor when required with certain products, activities.
- Work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
- Responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
- Responsible for working to and complying with standard processes, specific area requirements and health and safety requirements (COSHH)
- From time to time you may be asked to work off site; this may be in UK or abroad.
- To play an active part in 5S, lean production and continuous improvement activities.
- Proven production record in a similar role
- Working in a team environment.
- Produce a consistent, high quality product in line with production paperwork.
- Certified as competent in the required skills as dedicated by the area skills matrix – various bonding (epoxy, paste, Silicon), riveting, wire thread inserts, panel repair, torqueing, working at height and in confined spaces, fine limit small assemblies.
- Undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
- Work alongside production control, shop floor engineering and inspection.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Component Repair Coordinator (Aviation)
Building and Construction Project Leader
Business Methods Engineer
Stores & Logistics Officer
RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
Goods Inwards Inspector