Operations & Stores Executive – Aviation
Horsham, West Sussex
Share this job
Role: Operations & Stores Executive
Salary: Competitive and experience dependent plus yearly paid bonus.
Hours: 35 per week
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
The client is a young, yet well-established dynamic aircraft component services company. Providing MRO component management and parts supply, they have a strong foundation team steeped in experience working in a supportive and fun, yet professional environment. Serving over 100+ aircraft operators and airlines worldwide, they saw record profits in this last financial year. Due to this and consistent year on year growth, they are looking to expand their team further. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing company.
This is a diverse role aiding with logistics, inspection, import/export, goods in/out as required. It brings with it a rare opportunity to learn skillsets in aircraft component logistics as well as aircraft component inspections and stores/logistics operations. This position is also working in a small team, where there will be plenty of growth opportunities as the business expands.
- Assist with goods in inspection and dispatch.
- Adhere to all import and export procedures, regulations and controls.
- Ensure accurate paperwork completion as per customers and country-specific requirements.
- Negotiate cost effective shipment methods.
- Arrange drop-shipments.
- Recognise and organise hazardous, heavyweight and oversized shipments.
- Process and update Quantum with all required information.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal departments as and when required.
- General warehouse duties.
- 1-2+ year experience gained within an aircraft component or MRO company using Quantum software.
- Good administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to provide and deliver excellent customer service.
- Self-motivated, able to use own initiative and succeed in a busy environment.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, meet deadlines.
- Good negotiation, organisational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability with ability to use initiative and common sense.
- Numerate, accurate with good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Export and Import procedures and controls is desirable.
- Ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook.
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)