Payload RF Test Engineer
£40.00 - £45.20 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Payload RF Test Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the Payload RF Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the preparation of the test procedures and the operational support to the AIT Operations team.
Role: Payload RF Test Engineer
Pay: £45.20 per hour (Via Umbrella)
Contract: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week, 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- As part of the RF Engineering Team, will oversee the preparation required for the development of a test phase and also to provide support during the different test phases such as alignment, section test, TCR and end to end test campaign for the different projects.
- Test phase planning and sequencing providing input to the master schedule.
- Focal point for all procedure related activities post design / customization and through to operational support (possibly including out of hours / on-call support)
- Manage RF test campaigns in the cleanroom, coordinating between the test operations team and other project team members.
- Liaise with the Test Manager (owner of the AIT Test preparation schedule) to achieve successful project milestones reviews with associated document inputs. Support the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the AIT department management team.
- Work together with the Payload AIT Quality organization to ensure adherence to standard processes
- Support the engineer in charge of the project customization phase and the payload test manager in the definition the test planes and interfaces. The RF Engineer will support the investigation of non-conformances, contributing to problem solving, implementation of investigations and corrective actions as detailed by the NRB.
- Take an active role in the Payload AIT Test Continuous Improvement through Lessons Learnt and Second Closure
- Knowledge of RF Test techniques or RF systems.
- Knowledge of RF Test Systems and RF instruments. (Network analysers, Spectrum Analysers, AWG; Power Meters; RF Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes; etc)
- Teamwork with good communication skills.
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Telecom Payload
- Result processing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic (Excel Macros)
- Leadership attributes
- Analysis skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations
- Understanding of the functionality of communication satellites and practical knowledge of complex test campaigns.
- Availability to work abroad as well as shift, ‘on-call’ and weekend working as required
Qualifications and/or Skills
An Engineering degree with a specialisation in RF / Electronics / Aerospace.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Fuel Systems Installation Design Engineer
Hazardous Waste Operative
AW Helicopters Instructor Pilots
AW Simulator Instructor
Stores and Inspection Technician
Principle Building Control Inspector
Goods Inwards Inspector
Material Inventory Controller