Powerplant Procurement Lead
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Powerplant Procurement Lead to join on a permanent basis. As the Powerplant Procurement Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the definition and leading the implementation of procurement strategies for the Aircraft Engine & APU category and for managing the supplier relationship management process.
Role: Powerplant Procurement Lead
Salary: On Application
Location: Hong Kong
- Lead/support the development and implementation of the category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and maintenance / support services.
- Conduct market analysis to identify business opportunities and supply market trends, which may have positive or negative impact on the company, and consequently develop new strategies to effectively leverage or mitigate these.
- Lead/support sourcing processes from market research, RFP preparation, proposal evaluations, commercial and contract negotiations through business award.
- Identify and drive category opportunities in conjunction with client departments and the category manager.
- Develop existing and new relationships with key suppliers in the category through differentiated engagement strategies.
- Support engagement with BU stakeholders, constructively challenge specifications and manage BU demand.
- Drive innovation in the category in terms of sourcing approaches to streamline and improve in-category processes.
- Build complete business cases.
- Actively contribute to developing a high-performance culture and standards among Procurement and Aircraft Trading (APD) community.
Education and Experience:
- Tertiary educated (business and/or aviation related degree will be an advantage) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Procurement and Category Management experience is essential – relevant professional qualifications will be an advantage (e.g. CIPS).
- Understanding of engine maintenance is preferred.
- Commercial knowledge of Engine / APU maintenance solutions is desirable.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to inspire and build trust and respect among BU stakeholders and the APD community.
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases (Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint is essential).
· Effective leadership and change management skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Credit Control Administrator
Reward Operations Advisor
Helicopter Landing Site Officer
Supply Chain Quality Manager
Business Method Engineer
Process Planning Engineer