Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
£38 - £39.17 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with our award-winning client for a Principal Product Assurance Engineer, to join the Product Assurance Engineering team as they provide professional quality support to the Manufacturing team in the UK, on a 6-month contract. You will provide an independent visibility and assurance that manufacturing and related processes are applied across all Projects. You will provide support and advice on all aspects of quality within UK Manufacturing and provide support in the identification and implementation of sustainable Process improvements to existing methods and processes. You will support UK Manufacturing in the identification and reduction of project risk or problem areas / issues associated with process application, process effectiveness or compliance.
Role: Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Pay: Up to £39.17 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
Reporting to the Product Assurance Manager, responsibilities include the following activities:
- Provision of professional support and advice on all aspects of quality within Manufacturing UK; apply quality expertise to critical business issues to support business excellence, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Provision of quality assurance assistance to Manufacturing UK in support of manufacturing excellence including development and delivery of quality awareness and other process and quality-related training.
- Supporting Manufacturing UK on all programmes to achieve cost, time and quality targets. Assessing and controlling the product assurance quality processes and the resulting outputs.
- Assuring the Company Business Management System is correctly tailored to and implemented in Company production programmes, and providing the appropriate level of support to improve the effectivity of processes used by Manufacturing UK.
- Confirm through a programme of Independent assessments and audits that processes and quality requirements are being successfully implemented, applied and improved. Provide reports to Management that identifies the outcome of audits and issues. Monitor and facilitate the progression of any improvements from audit activities and the timely closure of identified issues.
- Maintaining strong links with Quality Assurance colleagues across MBDA (UK and Overseas) to enable the dissemination and achievement of Quality Objectives within Manufacturing UK.
- Work with Product Assurance Managers and other functions to define appropriate risk reduction strategies/action plans
- Support the development and implementation of the Process Effectiveness Review Programmes
- Interface with Customer Representatives (DQAFF), when required, to support the mitigation of quality issues.
- Quality professional, experienced in process-based integrated management systems & business improvement in an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Quality Audit experience required
- Extensive knowledge and experience of EN9100/AS9100
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organising skills to ensure multiple tasks are prioritised and monitored to deliver set objectives
- Capability to identify sustainable business improvements & ensure effective implementation
- Recognise and understand internal and external customer requirements, and respond to them
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Highly self-motivated and demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks
- Recognise and understand regulatory and certification requirements, and respond to them
Apply for this role
Systems Design Engineer
Material Inventory Controller
Operations Manager – Warehouse
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Magasinier aèronautique – NTE Airport