£18 - £24.07 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Programme Planner to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Programme Planner, you will be responsible for producing and maintaining the long term MPS (Master Production Schedule) for all the products across in the Broughton plant, using build rates based on customer demand.
Role: Programme Planner
Pay: £24.07 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 12-month contract – Likelihood of extension
Location: Broughton – onsite working
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
About the role:
Programme Planning is positioned at the heart of the Broughton Plant Multi-functional Team structure.
- It acts on behalf of the central programmes’ organisation, to investigate scenarios and launch MPS (Master Production Schedule) re-plans.
- On behalf of Operations to clarify and agree the planning fundamental assumptions (jigs, resources, stock / inventory, recovery plans, etc)
- On behalf of the Materials Requirement Planning community internally (make) and externally (buy) to trigger the supply chain.
- On behalf of Finance to provide clear workload / resource pictures for costing.
- On behalf of Human Resources to provide clear workload / resource pictures for acting upon.
- It is a highly visible role – working with all levels from shop floor to senior management.
- There is an excellent chance to build stakeholder networks & relationships.
- There are many opportunities to present & negotiate at senior levels.
- We have close working with all other functions – Operations / HR / Finance / Quality / Manufacturing Engineering, etc.
- And it is a good development opportunity to move to other functions of the business.
The tasks will be varied and require you to use different skills (technical, project management, communication, etc.) to complete them successfully. These will include elements of: –
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Planning assumption agreement.
- Refinement and optimisation of the production build plans
- Tactical planning & work package monitoring
- Capacity and resource calculations
- Recovery planning
- Scenario analysis
- Compilation of key performance indicators (KPI’s) for reporting and monitoring of the business.
Skills and Experience
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborates well within a team.
- Able to interface with other functions.
- A keenness to learn and develop.
- Experience of using Google suite and similar digital tools.
- Ideally Aviation/ Aerospace, Manufacturing or Defence background.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
IM Cyber Security Transformation Project Coordinator
RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
Powerplant Procurement Lead
Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
Skilled Paint Sprayer