Project Engineer (Fire systems)
£25.00 - £27.50 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
I am seeking a Project Engineer to work in a hybrid contract for my client just south-west of Leicester.
The company supply market leading fire detection and alarm systems.
Pay rate – c. £25.00 – £27.50 per hour (PAYE only). Plus holiday pay in addition.
Start date – ASAP
Hybrid model – 3 days in office (Tues, Wed & Thurs), 2 days at home (Mon & Fri)
Hours – 8am – 4pm
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROJECT ENGINEER:
* Total Project ownership from sales handover through all stages of the Building Management Services (BMS) production project
* Project launch, management and delivery of specific engineering projects to tight deadlines and budgets.
* Contract review.
* Close liaison with clients, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
* Project planning and control incl. risk assessments.
* Project P & L
* Problem identification and resolution.
* Completion & supervision of all design engineering activities to specifications.
* Verification of all technical aspects of the project.
* Generation of management reports
* Generation, monitoring and maintenance of Project Programmes.
* Generation of Risk and Method Statements
* Design calculations.
* Equipment specification and production of Data Sheets.
* Technical reviews and provision of technical documentation as necessary.
* Project cost control incl. variations
* Conformance to company Quality, H&S and Environmental policies and procedures
* Maintenance of robust audit trail of project
* Assistance as necessary for off-site activities e.g. project meetings, inspection, installation, commissioning, servicing etc. with clients and suppliers
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- 2 years projects experience in a relevant industry sector. Although exceptional experience may offset academic achievement
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Excellent communication & negotiating skills
- Sound project management techniques
- High diligence & effective commercial awareness
- Free onsite parking
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)