Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
Share this job
My Part 145 Workshop MRO client is seeking a Quality and Safety Manager to join the team in an interesting and diverse role.
The position will be based north of London and will include QM duties as well as other related responsibilities (see below).
Main responsibilities of the Quality and Safety Manager:
- Maintain a QMS ensuring compliance with CAA and EASA regulations, ISO 9001, and other relevant requirements
- Be responsible for the quality audit programme
- Manage the aircraft component maintenance programmes
- Assess suppliers of new and used components, and materials, for satisfactory product quality
- Work in conjunction with the Accountable Manager to ensure sufficient competent manpower to plan, perform, supervise, inspect, and certify the work being performed.
- Ensure maintenance procedures are in compliance with CAA requirements and that work is accomplished to the highest standards of airworthiness and workmanship.
- Communicate with EASA/CAA and other approval authorities/Certification Bodies on approval matters
- Ensure the competence of all personnel engaged in maintenance by establishing a programme of training and continuation training
- Deputise for the General Manager in his absence
- Manage sub-contractors
- Remain aware of industry trends and all pertinent regulations affecting the business
Safety related responsibilities plus other:
- Act as Health and Safety Manager.
- Oversee COSHH listings, Risk Assessments, Fire Assessments, Hazardous Waste Control, PAT Testing, Fixed Wire Testing. Air System and lifting Equipment. First Aid Control.
- Health Surveillance coordinator.
- GDPR controller (Data Protection) – all aspects of Data Protection.
- Responsible for maintaining all business documentation / procedures.
- Training Co-ordinator.
- Technical point of contact on all engineering issues (Chief Engineer).
- Factory Maintenance Co-ordinator.
- Alarm System Co-ordinator.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Technically astute and product focused, with experience in a Part 145 Aerospace environment (Essential)
- Experience of implementing and manging robust quality procedures to ensure ongoing compliance.
- IT literate with good planning and organisational skills. Knowledge of TracWare / AeroTrac would be advantageous.
- A self-motivated individual who possesses good communication skills, able to ask probing and difficult questions.
- Clear understanding of operational requirements and the cultural issues and needs of both the business and regulatory authorities
* Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application.
Salary details available on request.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Systems Design Engineer
Material Inventory Controller
Operations Manager – Warehouse
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Magasinier aèronautique – NTE Airport