RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
£45.00 - £55.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for an RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer to join them on a 12 -month contract. As RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer, this requires you to have an engineer with broad skills in mixed-signal electronic design with an appreciation of radar systems and also good understanding of programmable devices (FPGAs/CPLDs).
Role: RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
Pay: Up to £55.00 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 12 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Cleared on Submission
- Rapid design and development of analogue & high-speed digital circuits which will be used in multimode seeker applications.
- Perform development test and integration activities on circuits and sub-assemblies in accordance with all relevant processes, standards and requirements.
- Produce and maintain test documentation associated with seeker hardware, including specifications, development test schedules and test result sheets.
- Interact with internal customers and suppliers to understand circuit design requirements, volume constraints and environmental specifications so that the final design is compliant with the overall requirements.
- Oversee the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing
- Perform technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues
- Provide technical advice and assistance in to engineering manager
- Analogue & High-speed Digital Circuit Design
- Design, Simulation & Layout using Zuken
- FPGA/CPLD Circuit Design and Simulation using Xilinx ISE, Vivado, Libero, and others
- Perform design proving test and trials in laboratory
- Diagnose hardware problems using various methods; e.g. visual inspection, signal/data analysis in design
- Knowledge of mixed signal board techniques
- Awareness of manufacturing techniques and capabilities
- Appreciation of mechanical design & module packaging
- Clear understanding of engineering tools, processes and procedures
- Be conversant with design tools including Zuken, Orcad, LTSpice, and others
- Be able to write high quality test requirements and test reports
- Generate plan of activities
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with modules relating to RF or electronics
- Essential to be able to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers
- Essential to have some experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
- Essential be to be able to produce high quality written reports
- Desirable to have radar experience with hardware implementation
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Systems Design Engineer
Material Inventory Controller
Operations Manager – Warehouse
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Magasinier aèronautique – NTE Airport