RF Test Engineer
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a RF Test Engineer on an initial 6 -month contract. The RF Test Engineer is typically responsible for the preparation of the test procedures and the operational support to the AIT Operations team.
Role: RF Test Engineer
Pay: £40 per day Via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 6 Months contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- As part of the RF Engineering Team, will oversee the preparation required for the development of a test phase and also to provide support during the different test phases such as alignment, section test, TCR and end to end test campaign for the different projects.
- Test phase planning and sequencing providing input to the master schedule.
- Focal point for all procedure related activities post design / customization and through to operational support (possibly including out of hours / on-call support)
- Manage RF test campaigns in the cleanroom, coordinating between the test operations team and other project team members.
- Liaise with the Test Manager (owner of the AIT Test preparation schedule) to achieve successful project milestones reviews with associated document inputs. Support the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the AIT department management team.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Payload AIT Quality organization to ensure adherence to standard processes
- Knowledge of RF Test techniques or RF systems.
- Knowledge of RF Test Systems and RF instruments. (Network analysers, Spectrum Analysers, AWG; Power Meters RF Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes; etc)
- Teamwork with good communication skills.
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Previous industrial experience is not mandatory.
- Telecom Payload
- Result processing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic (Excel Macros)
- Leadership attributes
- Analysis skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations
- Understanding of the functionality of communication satellites and practical knowledge of complex test campaigns.
- Availability to work abroad as well as shift, ‘on-call’ and weekend working as required
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Component Repair Coordinator (Aviation)
Building and Construction Project Leader
Business Methods Engineer
Stores & Logistics Officer
RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
Goods Inwards Inspector