£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Safety Engineer to join them on an initial 6-month basis. As a Safety Engineer you will exploit the safety engineering skills to influence the safety aspects of technically complex and challenging products
Role: Safety Engineer
Pay: £60 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: 6 Months (possible extension)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Cleared
Conduct system and sub-system safety activities, as defined in the Safety Management Plan, during all lifecycle phases (but particularly the development phase). This will include, but is not limited to:
- Hazard identification exercises (SWIFT and HAZOP);
- Hazard management and risk analysis, including fault tree and event tree analyses.
- Construction of safety arguments and ALARP statements.
- Provision of support to internal and external project Safety Panels and Committees; (in conjunction with safety focal points)
- Assist in the management and integration of these activities with system engineering and design programs to ensure the timely delivery of material supporting the safety case.
- Liaising with other functions to derive safety requirements and hazards.
· Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems and safety assessment processes.
· Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
· Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc.).
· Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
· Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable. Experience of other engineering disciplines (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Industrial R& T Engineer
Lead Static Stress Engineer
Electrical Skilled Production Technician
Engineering Delivery Team Leader
Clinical Support Technician