Security Vetting Support Officer
Up to £20.00 per hour
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Security Vetting Support Officer to join them on an initial 12-month contract. You will be part of a highly motivated and progressive team who are the first layer of security in ensuring any personnel risks are identified and managed.
Role: Security Vetting Support Officer
Location: Stevenage or Bolton
Hours: Full Time – 2 days a week in the office, 3 days from home
Hourly Rate: £20 per hour via Umbrella – inside IR35
Clearance: BPSS required to start. Full SC will be completed thereafter
What you’ll be doing:
- Support Recruitment in obtaining security clearances and checks for all new employees.
- Supporting with the management of confidential and complex vetting enquiries.
- Be point of contact for vetting issues/problems.
- Liaise with UKSV and other external agencies when appropriate.
- Work with external IT platform to obtain and update security clearances.
- Provide support to areas of Security Services.
- Lead on departmental projects for successful implementation to meet deadlines.
- In addition, you will be required to support the Personnel Security Manager in the successful implementation of the Vetting Strategy. Your role will be diverse and fast-paced as you support the department and business in achieving its objectives and reducing risk to the organisation.
- Experience of HMG BPSS and UKSV vetting processes
- Strong IT Skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise work as required
- Professional meticulous approach, with a keen eye for detail
- Experienced on the use of electronic Vetting Databases and multi IT platforms
- ‘Can do’ positive attitude for success
- Right to live and work in the UK without restrictions
- Security Vetting DISA Course
- Experience and knowledge of MOD and defence industry
- Relevant vetting and Personnel Security experience or qualification
- Awareness and knowledge of recruitment and on boarding processes for defence industry
- Personnel Security awareness for the ongoing aftercare of security cleared staff
- Presentational experience for the delivery of training
There may be possibility of travelling to Stevenage/Bolton sites for training, team days etc.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Stores and Inspection Technician
Principle Building Control Inspector
Engine MRO Customer Programs Manager
Goods Inwards Inspector
Material Inventory Controller
Building Construction Project Leader
System Modelling Engineer