Senior Configuration Engineer
£40.00 - £42.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Senior Configuration Engineer to join them on a 6-month contract. As the Senior Configuration Engineer, you will
act as a focal point support to project and functional stakeholders, delivering Configuration Management in accordance with contractual Defence Standards approved plans, as well as Investigating and Implementing Engineering Change Management against our product definitions
Role: Senior Configuration Engineer
Pay: £42 per hour via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Cleared
- Application of Configuration Management principals and processes for one or more projects.
- Interpretation of technical data and Bills of Materials for large and complex product assemblies.
- Management of access and technical signatories for product design data.
- Preparing and handling Configuration Management documentation, used to provide governance and control of project activities.
- Review and Implementation of engineering design changes, collaborating across a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Preparation and presentation of changes within change control meetings.
- Supporting regular Configuration Management Committee meetings (CMC, LTC, CCB), Modification meetings and ad hoc meetings
- Schedule diary, manage meetings, generate agendas, take and publish minutes.
- Support of technical audits on our suppliers, ensuring Configuration Management processes are observed throughout our supply chain.
- Schedule diary, generate agendas and reports, chase non-conformities and update the audit tracker
- A background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management within a Defence or Aerospace industry or similar.
- Ideally suited to someone who has proven experience of working in a similar role within the defence sector: Candidates from other industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, etc. with suitable experience including Bill of Material Engineers, Material Requirements Planning Analysts, Engineering Change Engineers, Technical Data Managers, etc., will also be considered.
- Experience with MS Office and data systems (Windchill an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills with good attention to detail
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Manufacturing Engineer – Assembly & Integration (Stevenage)
Test Equipment Manager
AW Simulator Instructor
Legal Regulation Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer (Calibration and Maintenance)