Senior Design Engineer
£45.00 - £47.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit several Design Engineers to join on an initial 3-month contract. If you are looking to work for global company who continually have new inventive ideas, then this could be for you
Role: Senior Design Engineer
Pay: £47 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 08:00 – 16:30pm
IR35 Status: Inside
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality reliable products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Involved in continuous improvement and development of experimental techniques and design methodologies, to further enhance the capability of their team and company as a whole.?
- Work with global RDD teams to create/integrate & develop new technology research into the final design
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Use established Company methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe.
- Maintain supporting documentation, specifications and risk assessments to ensure accurate delivery.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input – these may be external as well as internal teams
- Prepare for design/Research reviews & participate in as required
- Mentor graduates/new team members
- Contribute to team/dept level initiatives & change projects
- Provide design advice and guidance to design managers and product teams, taking an active role and responsibility for their areas of expertise.?
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers at all levels, including the relevant technical teams globally.?
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, safety, reliability, and cost expectations are met, all within the planned project timeline.?
- Implemented Lean Engineering practices and help the company save money by focussing on quality and efficiency throughout.
- Work with external vendors to source the ideal materials, components, and product solutions.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering / Product Design or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge of Teamcenter, NX systems and analysis packages.
- Identification and management of requirements and specifications throughout the design process.
- A sound understanding of mechanical principles and engineering judgement to make robust design decisions.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate test results to drive design direction.
- Ability to robustly plan, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Experience in leading the development of parts and assemblies for robust design and mass manufacture, e.g., injection moulding.
- Proficient in Design for manufacture & Design for assembly.
- Effective assessment and selection of appropriate methods to develop and demonstrate design intent.
- Knowledge & application of verification and validation to prove your design.
- Practical knowledge of DFMEA & PFMEA.
- Experience in collaborating with a team and influencing others to successfully deliver results in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and application of a systems engineering approach to design.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)