Senior Manager – Flight Operations Support
Share this job
I am supporting a Qatar based client with the recruitment of a Senior Manager – Flight Operations Support role.
The successful candidate will be in charge of providing strategic leadership, and direction to the Flight Operations in the specialist areas of Flight Dispatch, Flight Watch, Flight Planning Systems, Flight Dispatch Strategy and Planning, and Flight Dispatch Training through formulation and implementation of control mechanisms, processes, and procedures in compliance with the regulations and in line with the company policy and strategy to ensure safe, efficient, and cost effective operational support services.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Manager – Flight Operations Support role will include:
- Providing strategic direction, and leadership through formulation of policies, procedures, and best practices in the following specialist functional areas
– Flight Dispatch
– Flight Watch
– Flight Planning Systems (FPS)
– Flight Dispatch Strategy and Planning
– Flight Dispatch & Flight Watch Training
- Development of key initiatives to improve efficiency, safety, compliance, and performance across the operational elements of the section and organisation.
- Formulate and implements Flight Operational projects and plans to restore operations during disruption and emergencies
- Accountable to VP IOC for oversight, performance and delivery of Flight Dispatch and Flight Watch services support to Flight Operations
- Develops contingency plans and procedures to support ‘on demand’ activities for flight safety and efficiency.
- Ensure the creation of processes and procedures to provide Flight Dispatch and Flight Watch services for the flight and aircraft wet lease operations.
- Ensures all Flight Dispatch & Flight Watch, Flight Planning Systems, Flight Dispatch Strategy and Planning functions are conducted in compliance with National and International Regulation and best practices.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Flight planning systems (LIDO Preference)
- Flight following systems
- Global flight ops experience
- Civil Aviation Regulatory knowledge
- Aircraft performance knowledge
- Relevant College or University qualification at Bachelor’s level minimum
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Excellent Command of the English language.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- The role will be 100% based in Doha, Qatar
- Attractive package will include salary plus allowance for accommodation, travel, medical cover, schooling
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Powerplant Procurement Lead
Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
Skilled Paint Sprayer
Project Management Officer
Operational QA Engineer
Supply Chain Engineer
Spacecraft System Engineer