Stores & Tooling Operational Support
Stanwell Moor, Surrey
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service. On behalf of our London based client, a global engine support company, we are currently recruiting the following role.
Job Title: Stores & Tooling Operational Support
Location: West London, close to LHR
Contract Type: Permanent, Fulltime
Shifts: Yes, Early & Late Shifts.
Scope of Role
Working in the Global Engine Support London Stores & Logistics Team -responsible for tooling inventory including customer tool loans, inspection with OMSD, calibration, servicing, and repair.
Further duties include engine parts inspection receipt, kitting, issuing to task and stock control.
Working with procurement for material planning and forecasting stock levels for cost control.
Post holders will be trained across the role with the aim of holding a logistics stamp, to assure compliance to local and aviation regulatory requirements.
To be successful in your application you will need to hold UK working rights at the time of application.
- Manage, coordinate, and optimize tooling loan return, delivery, and dispatch operations amongst the various on-site and off-site facilities.
- Manage tool inventory to maintain serviceability, maintenance, inspection, calibration, repair, upgrades, and modification.
- Physical tool packaging and movement to manage the Delivery, Dispatch and Shipping operations for tooling.
- Receiving of aircraft engine parts inspection, following goods receipt process to ensure EASA / CAA compliance.
- Understanding of aviation paperwork and Form 1’s in relation to part receipt and issue to mechanics to install on engines On & Off-Wing.
- Kitting engine parts to specific task to enable maintenance operation to run efficiently, minimise customer delays to mechanic deployment.
- Manage and coordinate onsite operational vehicles such as forklifts, tugs etc for repair and scheduled servicing.
- Ability or willingness to undertake training for forklift operations from 3 tonne (B1) to 25 tonne (B3), tug driving of engines or tooling around the facility.
- Control of Quarantine Bond in line with company and regulatory requirements.
- Stock control for all operational materials, working with procurement for business cost control and to minimise disruption to operations.
- Facility housekeeping and monitoring workshop environment.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to assure compliance to regulatory requirements, and company / customer procedures.
- Execute processes and procedures to assure compliance to quality and safety standard of the workplace.
- Assure proper capture and billing of Logistics and Shipping cost to customer per contractual requirements.
- Produce reports as and when requested from Stores & Logistics Lead.
- Drive cross sections and cross departments process improvement projects.
- Motivate and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- To be a pro-active member of the GES Stores & Logistics team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior staff.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Quality Department for co-ordination, control and progress of inter-related work and customers’ audit.
- Carry out regular internal inspection and audit to ensure tooling standards are being maintained.
- Attend regular shift / team meeting to discuss current work environment, production, quality assurance and other work-related issues.
- Assist/ carry out investigation and provide info for occurrences, accident/incident and complains.
- Support the Quality Department as needed to interface with regulatory authorities and local governments, including international locations, to ensure regulatory compliance of technical operations activities on a global basis.
To be successful you should have prior experience of working in a Stores & Tooling regulated environment and live in easy reach of Heathrow Airport, Aviation knowledge is preferred.
To apply please send an up to date CV for evaluation.
This is a UK based opportunity, to be successful in your application you must already have the rights to live and work in the UK, sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer