£35.55 - £39.55 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Stress Engineer on an initial 6-month contract.
Role: Stress Engineer
Pay: £39.55 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37Hours per week, 6 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- To identify all strength and stiffness requirements and ensure that they are valid.
- To perform all structural analysis necessary to ensure that all strength and stiffness requirements are met with a minimum mass design.
- To ensure that the design incorporates all features necessary to meet the strength and stiffness requirements.
- To provide a detailed definition of all structural testing required to verify that the strength and stiffness requirements are met.
- To monitor these tests and write a test assessment report that demonstrates that requirements have been met and that the pre-test analysis was of sufficient accuracy.
- Write clear and concise strength summary reports demonstrating adequate strength margins for all significant possible modes of failure.
- Write other associated analysis documentation.
- Provide design support to manufacture to ensure that strength and stiffness requirements are met for all non-conformances to design with appropriate corrective action.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
- Typically 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Proficient in using external and internal software tools.
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for light weight structures strength and stiffness prediction. These will include classical hand analysis and computer techniques including the use of finite element analysis and pre/post processing software.
- Appreciation of real costs involved in the various methods and tools used.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)