System Architect – Fleet Management
£60 - £70 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a System Architect (Fleet Management) to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the System Architect (Fleet Management), your role will cover the definition and implementation of a Fleet Management System to encompass: aircraft and ground system operation/management, fleet configuration and management, end customer system interfacing, meteorological inputs, performance and airspace approval constraints, payload configuration, interface to the maintenance system (under development), Flight Management System, Network Management and operation worldwide to meet and deliver customer requirements and demand suitable to meet regulatory requirements globally. This role will act as “customer” to the engineering team for their delivery of an operational system which will then be operated globally by the Fleet Manager.
Role: System Architect (Fleet Management)
Pay: £70 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
Contract: 12-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS to SC
- Define and develop the requirements for a Fleet Management System encompassing all applicable inputs.
- Act as the supplier to the operations team to ensure these requirements are delivered on time to meet customer and business demands.
- Manage the operational implementation of the fleet management system aligned to business needs and build team required to support Fleet Management accordingly.
- Ensure successful operation of the Fleet Management system.
- Lead the exploration of commercially available systems already available to meet the needs.
- Ensure the System to be scalable as the business grows.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance and ownership of applicable records as may be required by the business, customers or regulators.
- Define, monitor and implement KPI’s for system availability to meet customer demands.
- Take corrective action in a timely manner to rectify downtime.
- Ensure the solution has a GDPR compliant architecture (billing info handing etc. Imagery handling)
- Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action activities of the Zephyr program.
- Previous experience in the definition and implementation of a fleet management system in a comparable industry.
- Solid and demonstrable evidence of Service delivery in a technology function with concrete deliverables as examples.
- Ability to manage complex technical challenges with multiple interfaces. Leading to a world class solution.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience of mapping Fleet Management solutions to recognised compliance and industry standards.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in a start-up organisation with significant growth aspirations.
- Ability to deliver on time, on quality and on cost.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present to senior management, customers and regulators where required.
- Excellent written skills to design and develop clear requirements.
- Ability to generate and roll out training materials for the chosen solution.
- Project management experience to ensure timescales and KPI’s are met.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks.
- Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility.
- Able to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders (senior management, customers, regulators, engineers, flight, and ground crew) to ensure project delivery is achieved.
- Excellent IT Skills relevant for the post.
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- Experience within the Aerospace/Engineering sectors with knowledge of quality standards in this domain.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in the fleet management area.
- Knowledge of UAV operations worldwide.
- Ability to obtain UK SC clearance.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Repair Management Executive
AOG Support Executive
System Engineering Manager Navaids
NAS Project Engineer
Principal Supportability Engineer