Systems Design Engineer
£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Systems Design Engineer on an initial 12 – month contract. As the Systems Design Engineer you will be working on a project which is developing, building and testing real hardware for a key missile sub-system. The role is to design the architecture and to develop the technical requirements for a seeker.
Role: Systems Design Engineer
Pay: Up to £60 per hour via umbrella
Location: Stevenage – onsite majority of time
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required on submission.
- Provide support to integration and testing teams in capturing test requirements and plans in DOORS
- Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications
- Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements.
- Defining algorithms in firmware and software
- Development of system-level test sequences
- Liaise with subsystem teams, to ensure design proposals take into account existing design constraints.
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) – increasingly adopted within MBDA’s System Engineering domain
- Supporting safety, security, and reliability aspects of projects
- Support customer working groups as required
- You will be able to perform requirements analysis and trade off studies to flow down requirements to seeker sub-assemblies, firmware and software
- Experience using DOORS or other SysML tools
- You will be able to demonstrate your systems engineering experience
- You will be able to demonstrate exposure to system requirements, as well as developing system architecture models and configuration control
- You will be able to discuss hardware, firmware or software design constraints
- Knowledge of RF is desirable
- Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools and methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
- Ability to work as part of a fast paced team
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)