Systems Safety Engineer
£50 - £54.24 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our fantastic aerospace client, we are seeking to recruit Systems Safety Engineer on a 6 -month basis. As a Systems Safety Engineer, you will support the production of safety deliverable to support Zephyr on future flight campaigns and certification.
Role: Systems Safety Engineer
Pay: £54.24 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours per week, 6 Months
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Security Cleared
- Attending internal and external Safety Meetings as required (SSG, SWGs and PSC), representing the System Safety Manager when required.
- Monitoring and integration of safety activities of suppliers where applicable.
- Assisting in the implementation of the Zephyr Programme SEMP.
- Support and guidance to the Zephyr team in providing acceptable evidence that the safety requirements are satisfied.
- Collation and validation of data in support of the safety arguments.
- Support to Safety Audits carried out by the product assurance organisation.
- Realisation of the customer’s contracted safety objectives.
- Review and validation of any safety data provided by suppliers.
- Development and Maintenance of the System Safety Case and its various artefacts (PSSA, SSA, Hazard Logs, Fault Trees, GSN, Event Trees, Bow-Ties etc.).
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes.
- Understanding of Aircraft System and Software Safety Analysis processes e.g. HAZID/HAZOP, Hazard Logs, FHA, FMEA/FMECA, FTA, ETA, Bow-Tie and GSN.
- Computer literate in MS Office desktop applications including: Visio; Word; Excel; PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of certification standards e.g. DO-178/278; DO-254, STANAG 4703 and 4671 is desirable (but can be learnt on-the-job).
- Production of safety assessments in accordance with Def Stan 00-56 (or equivalent civil standards).
- Ability to critically analyse System Requirements and derive appropriate Safety Requirements.
- A broad engineering knowledge of aircraft airframe and electrical and mechanical systems would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Fault Tree Software particularly PTC Relex, otherwise FaultTree+/Reliability Workbench desirable.
- In addition to related qualifications and training, 5 years+ working within design / engineering environment, preferably with an aviation bias.
- Experience of working with the MAA, CAA, FAA and other regulatory authorities would be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Occupational Health Nurse
Customer Account Officer for Training Courses
776 – 1 Customs Officer
776 – 1 Customs Officer
Customer Repair Executive
Supply Chain Manager
Addetto/a Amministrazione e Contabilità Aziendale
PBH Account Manager