Technical Services Engineer
Share this job
My client manages aircraft component repair services as well as component warranties for their global airline and MRO clients, ensuring costs to clients are closely controlled.
As a Technical Services Engineer, the successful candidate will be contributing towards their clients’ savings associated with Value Engineering, Warranty Management, Sourcing, Guarantee Management and other value stream activities.
This permanent Technical Services Engineer role is based in the home counties.
- Reducing the cost of aircraft equipment repair through Value Engineering and Warranty Management.
- To be the go-to department for engineering/technical issues and provide subject matter expertise to other internal departments.
- Reporting of saving performance.
- Evaluate and review repair quotations to ensure cost are fair and equitable e.g. contract enforcement, warranty optimisation, tactical cost reduction/avoidance opportunities.
- Review and analyse warranty rejections and quotations raising an Engineering Request Form
- Monitor and identify opportunities for reliability management and complete reliability reports
- Working with other teams to support Cost Reduction Programmes.
- Achieving or exceeding contractual customer requirements.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- HNC/HND or Degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable, or relevant work experience in an aircraft maintenance organisation.
- Strong analytical skills with a focused and methodical approach to managing work.
- A strong team worker who focuses on the success of a team as a whole; with excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Confident in using own initiative, adept at problem solving, willing to learn.
- Able to prioritise and make decisions whilst balancing results with workload and applying appropriate attention to detail.
- Have an understanding of Information Security practices and is able to attain and maintain competency.
- Candidates are expected to have good problem solving skills, as well as competency in using MS Excel.
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK prior to application.
- Salary available on application
- Onsite parking
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Customer Service Assistant
Configuration Document Controller
Project Management Business Partner
Material Coordinator (Aviation)
Technical Records Administrator
Aerospace Supply Chain Contract Manager
Customer Repair Executive