Chief Engineer – Powerplant
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating globally for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. We are currently looking to speak with candidates from an engine shop background to fulfil the following role.
Role: Chief Engineer-Powerplant
Salary: Competitive Package
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a major Saudi based engine overhaul facility. On their behalf we are looking to recruit a Chief Engineer, this position will provide enterprise-level assistance to customers. Responsibilities include resolving issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. Ultimately, you will be a person that customers trust to provide timely and accurate solutions to technical problems relating to engine overhaul.
- Translates and converts Airworthiness Directives, and manufacturers’ service bulletins into company documentation. E.g., Issues and monitors the effectiveness of modifications.
- Establishes and revises maintenance requirements.
- Evaluates shop finding reports and extrapolates statistical reliability data.
- Establishes shelf-life limits when manufacturers’ do not specify same.
- Provides engineering support directly to the production line as needed.
- Conducts feasibility studies and develops technical specifications for aircraft structures and their related components.
- Develops modifications to meet new regulatory requirements at the most optimum cost.
- Supports third party contract development/negotiations as necessary.
- Provides input for Material Demand Planning as necessary.
- Complies with the engineering manuals.
- Ensures compliance to all relevant safety and environmental management policies, procedures, and controls across the department.
- Undertake any other functions assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Successfully completed bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic Engineering or any specialized related engineering fields Specialty: Aircraft Avionics Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in working in a similar role within an engine shop environment is key.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
Aerospace Components Build Technician
B1 Licensed Engineer
Assembly and Test Mechanic
Avionic Maintenance Technician Senior
Electrical Test Operator