Fire Alarm System Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £30 per hour + Plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
I am seeking a Fire Alarm System Engineer for a full-time contract role in Plymouth, Devon.
The successful Fire Alarm System Engineer will provide advice and undertake work on systems & sub-system emergencies, maintenance, testing, and start-up technical support, from simple to complex in nature.
They will perform or provide advice on diagnosing, repairing & commissioning equipment and systems. The work is all based in one facility in Plymouth.
· Service, commissioning and maintenance of Honeywell and third party equipment (as per trade expertise).
· Day to day servicing, calibrations and maintenance; including diagnoses and repairs faults.
· Supervision of installation.
· Availability for and performance of duties outside of normal working hours as per agreed rosters and as directed.
· Call out duties required.
· Ensure customer satisfaction through direct liaison with client representatives, customers and service recipients.
· Financial control.
· Report opportunities for improvement.
· Estimate materials costs and quantities Development and maintenance of site-specific documentation and quality assurance information as instructed by team leader.
· Deliver periodic maintenance services as well as the execution of spot services and SLJs.
· Carry out hazard and risk assessments.
· Report near misses, incidents and other opportunities for improvement.
Ideal candidate profile:
· Relevant degree or technical trade school qualification.
· Previous work experience servicing Fire, Security or access entry and alarm systems.
· Fault finding skills.
· Programming skills
· Honeywell product knowledge.
· Ability to interact and build relationships with customers.
· Must be able to work with limited supervision and direct contractors or other service technicians.
· Good communication both written and verbal.
· The ability to work under pressure.
· Strong commitment to safety and safe working environment.
· Pay Rate – £30.00 per hour PAYE only. Holiday pay payable in addition.
· Working Hours – Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm (37.5 hrs)
· Free onsite parking available. Good public transport links.
· Potential overtime depending on when scheduled work is planned
· A drug screening and DBS check will be required for the successful candidate
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer