Safety and Assurance Manager
Up to £60000.00 per annum
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
On behalf of our UK based Aviation client we are currently recruiting for a Safety & Assurance Manager.
-Job type: Permanent
– Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Safety and Assurance Manager – Aviation
This is a Safety leadership role, reporting to Senior Management. The Safety and Assurance Manager is the nominated person and Form 4 holder for safety and is responsible to the Managing Director for providing assurance of the effectiveness of the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) and Integrated Safety Policy.
To lead, direct and develop the Safety and Assurance function, achieving agreed business objectives that deliver high-quality Safety and Assurance performance, inclusive of aviation safety, occupational health & safety, environmental and quality management. Key to this role is effective time management and planning.
The position involves interaction with the various key stakeholders, including the senior management team, nominated post-holders and departmental safety and standards leads to ensure all hazards and risks are identified and controlled to an acceptable level. This also includes interaction with customer safety and compliance leads, regulators, and other interested parties.
This position requires a flexible approach to working, a certain amount of support to business projects and occasional travel may be required for this role.
Experience & Knowledge Required
- A wide range of aviation safety regulations and standards, quality management, assurance and compliance standards, practices, and systems.
- Risk management techniques.
- Flight, Technical and Ground operations programmes across the organisation.
- Crisis & Emergency Response and associated procedures.
- Business Management (risk, project controls, finance, commercial / tenders).
- Continual Improvement techniques.
- Risk management techniques.
- Investigation techniques.
- A Degree in Safety or Equivalent
- Advanced Safety Management System formal training and experience
- Lead Auditor qualified.
- ILM Level 6/7 or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Part 145 Management Awareness
If you would like to find out more, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
This is a UK based role and to be successful in any application you will need to demonstrate that you hold UK residency & working rights.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please submit send your updated CV.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it is not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.